With your help, we can ensure California state parks are funded, protected, and equitably accessed during COIVD-19. We hope you will join our diverse coalition of park advocates and use your voices on social media this park advocacy day to support our parks during this difficult time. Together, we can make a difference for our state parks.
USE THE HASHTAGS
Include hashtags in your posts and find other people’s posts by searching for this hashtag.
TAG CALIFORNIA STATE PARKS FOUNDATION
Tag us in your posts so we can share them with our followers
Facebook: California State Parks Foundation
TAG YOUR STATE LAWMAKERS
WHAT/WHEN SHOULD I POST TO SOCIAL MEDIA
Things you are excited about throughout the day! When you post to social media, be sure to use the hashtag #ParkAdvocacyDay (on public posts/accounts). This helps us share what’s going on at this important day with people who couldn’t join us and raises the profile of state parks with California’s decision makers.
You might want to share:
- A reaction to or quote from the general assembly or Facebook Live event
- Why parks matter to you and your community
- Why you advocate for California state parks
- Your state park story
- A retweet, repost, or response to California State Parks Foundation’s social media
- Today is #ParkAdvocacyDay! Join me in advocating for adequate funding and increased access to wellness benefits of California state parks! Learn more: https://www.calparks.org/what-were-doing/park-advocacy-day-2020
- Our state parks are a tremendous resource for our communities, but they need our support to weather the challenges posed by COVID-19. Join me in ensuring our state parks remain whole! Sign the petition and help our parks meet this moment: https://p2a.co/G1c4wE9
- Parks deserve adequate funding during these turbulent times because they are [INSERT WHY PARKS MATTER TO YOU]. Join me in supporting parks and let your legislator know #WhyParksMatter now: https://p2a.co/PCJXH1x
Click the photo to download the shareable graphics.