COVID-19 Safety Precautions
How do I join a volunteer workday?
You can find a work day near you, register, manage you attendance on our volunteer webpage. Click here to register. Need help? Click here to see our volunteer registration manual.
Volunteers Should Bring/Wear:
- Closed-toe shoes (mandatory)
- Long-sleeved shirts and long pants, mandatory for some projects due to sharp brush and splinters
- Water container (filled)
- Work gloves (will be provided if you don’t have your own)
- Sun protection (hat / sunglasses / sunscreen)
- Layered clothing (weather may be cold in the morning)
Provided by California State Parks Foundation:
- Registration materials (waivers, nametags)
- Free parking pass
- Lunch is provided for events that are 4 hours or longer.
- Tools and training
Directions & Where to Meet:
Directions will be sent via email in the week before your volunteer workday event.
Some sites require a hike in/out (up to 2 miles) sometimes on uneven terrain, which will be noted in the project description. Some projects will require crouching or kneeling during the workday.
Some volunteer workdays offer free camping as an additional perk. If camping is available, you can reserve your spot by checking the appropriate boxes when you sign up for the event. After your registration is complete, we will email you details about the campsite and check in process.
NO PET POLICY
We love your furry friends, but please leave all pets at home. Pets are not permitted at our workdays.