California State Parks Foundation seeks a hands-on Operations Coordinator, reporting to the Finance Manager and working closely with the Executive Director, to play a critical role in ensuring the organization runs smoothly. Are you an organized, detailed-oriented, systems thinker who loves to check things off lists? Are you someone who loves to find better ways to organize anything from spices to files? Are you the person whose friends or family look to for planning the next big excursion? Do you love California state parks? If so, this could be the job for you!
Title: Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Finance Manager
Location: San Francisco
Status: Exempt; Full-time
Post date: July 20, 2021
- Enter revenue receipts in Intacct as provided by Membership team
- Enter stock gifts including calculating the valuation and provide to Membership team for coding and then entering the sale of stock into Intacct
- Direct Expensify charges including checking and approving all submissions for coding and proper receipts
- Maintain inventory records in Intacct such as Membership Passes, etc.
- Reconcile in-kind donations in Intacct compared to Salesforce
HUMAN RESOURCES (25%)
- Primary contact with third-party HR Consultant and vendors to run day-to-day HR operations and compliance including responding to employee HR questions, job postings, on-boarding, orientation, benefits administration (commuter benefits, FSA, annual enrollment meeting, etc.) payroll, labor postings, employee relations, and off-boarding processes.
- Enter payroll and vacation liability into Intacct
- Maintain confidential employee human resources records
- Organize & facilitate org-wide meetings/events including staff meetings, staff birthdays, anniversaries, retreats, team-buildings, and holiday parties.
- Chair of Safety Committee and works with HR Consultant to comply with CalOSHA.
TECHNOLOGY AND OFFICE MANAGEMENT (30%)
- Maintain and troubleshoot MS Office, Asana, Slack, and SharePoint with support of third-party IT consultant.
- Establish process and procedures for smooth information management and seamless filing and retrieval of documents across the organization.
- Manage day-to-day office management: procure and maintain office and equipment inventory: keys and access cards, furniture, supplies, computers, and other accessories across Bay Area, Sacramento, and any future locations.
- Support in-office mail with Membership team, to retrieve, open, scan, and distribute mail at the San Francisco office.
- Ensure that all tools and supportive technology are being well utilized across all roles and propose evolution of tools to better support operations.
- Support the Board of Directors, including calendar and meeting materials, meeting logistics and preparation, and minutes as well as maintaining ongoing Board files and communications.
- Support Executive Director with specific administrative tasks, including assistance with calendar management, scheduling meetings, filing and follow-ups on inquiries.
- Maintain understanding of California State Parks Foundation’s insurance policies including workers compensation, general liability and other required/recommended policies, maintaining relationship with insurance brokers to manage and answer specific questions and provide waivers, endorsements and proof of coverage as needed.
- Assist with compliance forms as needed including Business Registration Renewal, SAM registration, RRF-1, Statement of Information, etc.
- Maintain relationship with building managers to facilitate physical access and other communications
- Improve systems and processes to help the organization run seamlessly. Approach the work with a strategic eye to improve current processes. Proactively address operational issues and collaborate across teams to solve problems quickly and thoughtfully.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years of administrative experience
- Excellent organizational skills with a focus on efficiency and effectiveness
- Exceptional communications, strategic thinking, and interpersonal skills
- Accountable; follows through on commitments
- Self-starter, can work collaboratively and independently
- Team player and eager for the next challenge
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities and deal effectively with ambiguity
- Experience supporting a hybrid office environment
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Intacct, Asana, Slack, and Salesforce
- Interest in the environment, parks and open space.
Starting salary range $55,000-$60,000 depending on experience. Employee benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k retirement plan, pre-tax commuter benefits and flexible spending account, and paid vacation, holidays, and sick time. Schedule flexibility, including up to 20% time working remotely.