The Membership Assistant is responsible for the daily entry of membership receipts from various payment portals, including resolving discrepancies, balancing daily accounts and preparing fulfillment files. Shares responsibility for providing customer service to current and potential California State Parks Foundation members and donors. As part of the Engagement Team, participates in ongoing research and planning sessions aimed at improving the membership and communications programs. This position is non-exempt and eligible for overtime when approved.
This is a part-time position; we can allow for a flexible schedule agreed upon when hired. Hours may vary according to time of year. The Membership Assistant will be required to work on-site at our San Francisco location, which has adopted required protocols to maintain employee safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. These include reduced office occupancy, social distancing and masking requirements.
Data Entry (60%):
- Process daily lockbox bank packages for data entry
- Perform detailed data entry in Salesforce through batch entry
- Process in-house checks and credit card charges
- Download reports from the various payment portals for reconciliation
- Carry out daily and weekly audit checks for accuracy of data from the various payment portals
- Prepare data files for fulfillment of member benefits
Member Services (20%):
- Respond to routine member/donor issues and inquiries by letter, phone, and email
- Assist with opening mail and preparing in-house check payments
- Assist with mailing letters and member benefits
- Assist with scanning, filing, and storage of donor records
- Other duties as needed
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, multi-task team environment
- Data entry experience preferred
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- Extremely organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Commitment to California State Parks Foundation’s mission
COMPENSATION: This is a .40 FTE part time position (~15 hours/week), which requires at least two weekdays. Compensation is commensurate with experience, and includes base wage ($16.07-$18.00/hr) and paid time off. Position has potential to grow into a larger role based on experience and ability to learn new skills. No benefits are offered with this position.