Register to volunteer on Earth Day, today!
Volunteer registration is now open for our 20th annual Earth Day Restoration and Cleanup, presented by Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E). Join thousands of volunteers from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 21, completing critical restoration and preservation projects in 40 state parks across California. Register today to help:
- Work on dock improvements at Angel Island State Park
- Construct a shade ramada to meet needs of visitors who require accommodations that meet ADA standards at Cuyamaca Rancho State Park
- Assist with repair of a degraded fence and place-sitting logs at Natural Bridges State Park
- Paint a picket fence and bridge in the Historic District at Crystal Cove State Park
- Clear invasive English ivy from forest trees at Sinkyone Wilderness State Park
- Make improvements to the Native Plant Demonstration Garden at Grover Hot Springs State Park
Find more projects and a state park near you here. Together, we can make a huge difference for parks and the environment this Earth Day.
© Jim Duckworth
We’re moving! As of Monday, March 19, the California State Park Foundation’s main office address will be 33 New Montgomery Street, Suite 520, San Francisco, CA 94105. The Sacramento office address will not change. If you have questions about where to mail or send something as we near this move, please contact our donor services team at email@example.com or by calling 415-262-4400.
Help get a park near you ready for spring
Spring is almost here! Help spruce up local parks with a little spring cleaning by volunteering with a Park Champions team. Many of our upcoming projects include special perks like free camping and ferry rides. Here are a few ways you can get involved and help your favorite state parks:
- Plant apple trees to rejuvenate a historic orchard at La Purisima Mission State Historic Park (Santa Barbara County) on March 18 from 9:00am to 1:30pm.
- Make campground improvements before they reopen for the season at Palomar Mountain State Park (San Diego County) on March 18 from 8:30am to 1:30pm.
- Beautify the grounds around the Cascade Ranch House at Año Nuevo State Park (San Mateo County) on March 21 from 9:00am to 2:00pm.
- Help habitat restoration teams at Folsom Powerhouse State Historic Park (Placer County) on March 24 from 12:00pm to 3:00pm.
- Improve popular hiking, biking, and equestrian trails while getting a morning workout at China Camp State Park (Marin County) on March 24 from 9:00am to 3:00pm.
- Enjoy a ferry ride and gorgeous views, and spend the day improving landscaping around the historic buildings at Camp Reynolds at Angel Island State Park (Marin and San Francisco Counties) on March 25 from 9:15am to 5:30pm.
- Clean up graffiti along the trails at Santa Susana Pass State Historic Park (Los Angeles County) on March 31 from 8:30am to 1:30pm.
Visit our website to see a map of all upcoming projects at parks near you and our Flickr page for examples of Park Champions in action. Hope we’ll see you at a workday soon!
February Photo of the Month
Congratulations Gary Skipper, whose photo of a long-eared owl taken at Anza-Borrego Desert State Park is February's Photo of the Month!
Gary captured this photo while at the at the Tamarisk Grove Campground with friends. So far, this is his favorite state park because “there are so many cool things you can see and I love that you can go anywhere at any time, it's the ultimate explorers’ park.”
You could be our next winner! Join our My California State Parks Flickr group to become part of a community of photographers and park lovers sharing their images. Once a month, a winner is selected to win a prize!