Take a stand for the parks you love!
Add your voice to the call to make state parks a top priority in California.
Sign the pledge and we'll take it to Sacramento to show legislators from across the state that people care about protecting and improving our precious parks.
As a concerned citizen of California, I pledge to make sure my lawmakers know that our magnificent state parks should be a top priority because:
- I believe state parks should be accessible to all Californians so they may be inspired by nature, discover our culture and history, and enjoy fun and healthy recreational activities.
- I believe our state parks play an essential role in safeguarding California's extraordinary biodiversity by protecting 1.5 million acres of land, 340 miles of precious coastline, the largest stands of old growth redwoods in the world, and over 160 endangered species.
- I believe California's 280 state parks are vitally important in increasing tourism, providing jobs, and boosting the state's economy by attracting over 75 million visitors each year and generating more than $6 billion in annual economic activity.
- I believe we should solve the chronic underfunding of the state park system which has resulted in a $1 billion backlog of urgently needed maintenance projects, along with dramatic reductions in educational programming, staffing, and operating hours.
- I believe that California parks are uniquely important to the quality of life in our state, and should be preserved and protected for generations to come.