BE A TEAM PLAYER
California’s state parks are great places be part of a team. Whether you prefer to cheer on athletes from the sidelines or compete in your own event, state parks provide many opportunities to be a fan or a participant of competitive sports.
That’s why CSPF thinks that California’s state parks are great places to ..."Be a Team Player"
While there are many to choose from, here are a few of the state parks where you can "Be a Team Player":
- Folsom Lake State Recreation Area: One of the finest rowing venues in the country, this park hosts many races as well as Olympic preparation camps for college teams, and the Canadian, German and United States National Teams.
- Huntington State Beach: The waves at this beach make it the perfect host to several surf competitions throughout the year.
- Mount Diablo State Park: A haven for cyclists looking to push themselves to the limit, the 2014 Amgen Tour of California featured a stage finish at the park’s summit.
- Rio de Los Angeles State Park: Located in the heart of Los Angeles, this park features sport fields that are a popular location for soccer tournaments.
- Will Rogers State Historic Park: Visitors can watch the polo matches at the Will Rogers Polo Club every weekend April through October. Spectators are encouraged to participate in divot stomping between the second and third chukkers.